This course was funded by a wildly successful Kickstarter.
Let's learn data analysis with pandas and Python! This course is suitable for coding beginners because we begin with a complete introduction to coding. Then we delve deep into using pandas, an open source library with high-performance and easy-to-use data structures and data analysis tools written for Python.
In Part 1, you learn how to use Python, a popular coding language used for websites like YouTube and Instagram. You learn the basics of programming, including topics like variables, functions, and if statements. You learn about data structures such as lists, dictionaries, and sets. We cover how to use for and while loops, how to handle user input and output, file input and output.
We apply our knowledge to build a fully functional tic-tac-toe game. You learn classes, methods, attributes, instancing, and class inheritance. We make an additional Blackjack game! You learn how to solve errors that can occur when you work as a programmer.
In Part 2, you take your Python knowledge and apply it to the pandas framework. You learn how to create and expand a dataframe. You learn how to get values from data and how to handle NaN values. You learn how to read and write data from and to the comma-separated values (CSV) file format. Then we take different approaches to analyzing data. And much more!
What Will I Learn?
- Code in the Python 3.5 programming language.
- Make games with Python.
- Create and manipulate dataframes with pandas.
- Read and write data from and to CSV.
- Recognize analytical approaches to data, including: analyzing data, locating, making statistical descriptions and plots of data.
- And more!
- 21.5 hours on-demand video
- Absolute beginners who want to learn to code for the web and make games in the popular Python programming language.
- Beginners who want to learn data analysis.
- Download Anaconda 4.2.0, the free data science platform by Continuum, which contains Python 3.5.2 and pandas 0.19.2.
- Otherwise, you can download and install Python 3.5.2 and pandas 0.19.2 for free online.
- Pandas deals with NumPy, so please install that as well.
- Topics involve intermediate math, so familiarity with university-level math is very helpful.
Why Choose Mammoth Interactive?
We prioritize learning by doing. We blend theory with practical projects to ensure you get a hands-on experience by building projects alongside your instructor. Our experienced instructors know how to explain topics clearly at a logical pace. Check out our huge catalog of courses for more content.
“The Instructor goes very in-depth about everything. This is very helpful to remember all these different things!” – KingSloth_GameStudio on The Ultimate iOS 11 Course
“I really like the approach the presenter takes – not just the technical details, but also the very human, personal development information and recommendations he provides.” – Michael on The Ultimate iOS 11 Course
“The instructor is very good at teaching. He teaches at a great pace and covers anything a beginner would need to understand (every little detail). I am already learning a lot and I just started yesterday. – Mike on Build 30 Mini Virtual Reality Games in Unity3D from Scratch
You get full lifetime access to this course for a single fee. Enroll today to join the Mammoth community!